The core business of Brazil Iron Mineração LTDA, located in Piatã, Bahia (Brazil) and whose main business is the production and sale of iron ore, as well as manganese research, approached Acoem Brazil with the need for an air quality monitoring network in the rural area of Piatã.
Acoem Brazil, the official distributor of Kunak solutions for Brazil, thanks to its extensive experience in environmental monitoring and emission control, proposed the creation of an environmental monitoring network to control both dust and suspended particles derived from the extraction and processing of minerals that could affect nearby populations.
The air quality monitoring network deployed has made it possible to record the parameters of interest in order to alert the network operators when any of them exceed the limit values through a diagnosis and supervision system and thus help decision-making.
Deployment of two Kunak AIR Pro stations and wind sensors powered by solar panels to control dust and particulate matter in the air in continuous and real-time monitoring, enabling the company to identify the potential impact generated by mining activity.
- Kunak AIR Pro stations plus met sensors that record weather conditions.
- Kunak Cloud platform for remote management of the network and analysis and exploitation of the collected data.
- PM1, PM2.5, PM10, PM4, Total Suspended Particulate Matter (TSP) and Total Particulate Counter (TPC).
- Temperature, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure.
- Wind speed and direction.
- Residence near the Mocó mine.
- Bocaina community school.
To provide accurate and reliable data in mining activities and contribute to the identification of critical periods during the extractions processes.