The APB, in its goal to intensify the concern for the environment, has designed an environmental management system certified by AENOR according to ISO 14001: 2015.
Its objective was “to monitor the air quality by measuring the pollutant emissions in the air of the port area as well as the noise levels. This monitoring will allow them to know the origins and magnitudes of the pollutant and noise sources to study proposals that contribute to improve the quality of life of users and citizens.
The joint venture formed by Kunak-Labaqua has deployed a network of 25 Kunak AIR devices with GPRS for monitoring parameters of polluting gases and particulates as well as noise pollution in real time. The data is collected and sent to a cloud platform available to the APB.
Devices: 8 in the port of Palma, 6 in Ibiza, 4 in Maó, 4 in Alcudia and 3 in La Savina.
Measurement parameters: CO, O3, NO, NO2 SO2, PM1, PM2.5, PM10, noise, temperature, humidity, atmospheric preasure and wind direction and speed.
- Deployment of a sensor network with embedded wireless communications.
- SIAM environmental data management platform for the execution of pollutant dispersion models and rollback analysis.
- Data analysis for the implementation of improvement plans.
- Real-time information panel on air quality integrated into the port authority’s website
- KunakCloud platform for operational management of the sensor network
Development of an environmental monitoring solution for ports calibrated with the following functionalities:
- Alarm system, alerts and statistics in real time.
- System for generating periodic reports.
- Detection of episodes of increased pollution.
- Remote management and calibration of equipment.
Development of advanced statistical protocols for obtaining high quality and reliable data that provide high correlations with official stations and reference equipment.