This air quality monitoring network in Alaquàs (Valencia) provides the town with information on atmospheric and meteorological variables. To achieve this objective, fixed sensors have been installed at various points in the population. The integration and sending of data is done via Rest API to the city’s Smart City platform. All this deployment is developed within the “Environmental Monitoring System Project” (Smart Cities 2019 of the Valencia Provincial Council).
Alaquàs City Council needed an autonomous air quality monitoring system capable of providing air pollution and weather values. The aim was that the municipality would have its own management resources parallel to the measurement and control systems of the supramunicipal bodies. The solution, the creation of an own air quality monitoring network. Thus, through the provision of infrastructure and resources, they can record data on the concentration of polluting gases and suspended particles.
Kunak supplies two Kunak AIR units with GPRS communications for monitoring the parameters of contaminating gases and particulate matter. There is also meteorological station equipment (anemometer and rain gauge) that records climate parameters continuously and advanced cloud-based software. This platform enables the remote configuration and updating of the devices, as well as the visualization and analysis of the air-climate parameters measured by the equipment.
In addition, these recorded data will be sent to the SENTILO platform of the Valencia Provincial Council.
Equipment measurement parameters: CO, NO2, NO, O3, PM1, PM2.5, PM10, relative humidity, atmospheric pressure, precipitation and wind speed and direction.
- Deployment of a sensor network with embedded wireless communications.
- Development of an API for integration into the client’s server.
- System of warnings for failures and alerts for high concentration.
- Data analysis for the implementation of improvement plans.
- Mobile application.
We developed an environmental monitoring solution with the following functionalities:
- Alarm system, alerts and statistics in real-time.
- Detection of episodes of increased pollution.
- Remote management and calibration of equipment.
- Development of advanced statistical protocols for obtaining high quality and reliable data that provide high correlations with official stations and reference equipment.